Emergency Dental Care In Thornhill ON
Accidents happen, and knowing what to do when one occurs can mean the difference between saving and losing a tooth.
For all dental emergencies, it’s important to visit your dentist as soon as possible. Dr. Neda Kadivar will try to see you in case of an emergency because we understand for unexpected accidents, how critical it is to visit a dentist , however if the accident occurs when our office is closed, you can follow the below recommendation and come to see Dr. Neda Kadivar first thing in the following day.
Tooth Knocked out:
If the tooth is dirty, wash it briefly (10 seconds) under cold running water and if you can reposition it. Try to encourage the patient to replant it and bite on a handkerchief to hold it in position. If this is not possible, place the tooth in a suitable storage medium, e.g. a glass of milk or a special storage media for avulsed teeth if available (e.g. Hanks balanced storage medium or saline). The tooth can also be transported in the mouth. Avoid storage in water! Seek emergency dental treatment immediately.
Lost Filling or Crown:
Put a piece of softened sugarless chewing gum in the spot where the filling was lost if the hole makes discomfort. This will protect the area for a short period of time. See a dentist as soon as possible.
Cracked or broken teeth:
- Rinse the tooth fragment and the mouth with lukewarm water.
- Apply gauze to the area for ten minutes if there is bleeding.
- Place a cold, damp dishtowel on the cheek to minimize swelling and pain.
- Cover the affected area with over-the-counter dental cement if you cannot see us immediately.
- Take a topical pain reliever.
- Use a cold compress and over-the-counter medications to relieve pain.